So, today we did our buttertarts to give away to our friends. Kade is such a great helper this year, he picked out our tins at the Reuse center by himself (as Ivy was on my shoulder sleeping), then he also counted out the right amount of tarts to place in the tins as well and packed them up. I love that he's starting to take part in our family traditions so avidly! I also have no doubt he's going to be quite the baker and be completely self sufficent in the kitchen, unlike a lot of men I know LOL!
I also can't get away with much, when we made shortbread yesterday, he turned to me and said "mom, there isn't any egg in shortbread, so I can lick the beaters."
Tarts galore! About 10 dozen by the end of it!




Christmas pudding time again!! This would be Kade's 3rd year making it now and Ivy's first that she really helped.
Chopping up the cherries....

Just being cute.
Ivy was in charge of the raisins...
Kade was the shredder.


Ivy was in charge of the raisins...
Kade was the shredder.
Taaaa-daaa! All ready for mom to steam for 5 hours!

0 comments:
Post a Comment